Description[edit | edit source]
The Super Heavy is a very slow-moving boss enemy. When it enters the stage, the map will indicate its location with a large skull. Like the Armoured Heavy, it is shielded over its entire body except for its weakpoints, which are located on the inner side of each of its legs. It attacks with a large, powerful blast that can kill players and destroy towers and tower bases, though it takes a good amount of time to charge up. It cannot be provoked into chasing players, but it will attack any player that it sees.
Gameplay Notes[edit | edit source]
Tower Strategies[edit | edit source]
- All hits taken by the Super Heavy incur a -450 penalty due to its armor. Therefore, use towers that can deal a large amount of damage in a single hit, such as Rocket, Lightning, AR-Mine Dispenser, Violator, Cannon at rank 2 or 3, and Focus towers.
- The Drone tower is also suitable as the shots from the drones ignore armor. But due to its low range it must be positioned carefully.
- The Super Heavy's ability is very destructive. Therefore, one should avoid the Mind Control Spire, because the Super Heavy will target other Lumes, probably destroying a part of your maze in the progress.
Player Strategies[edit | edit source]
- The Super Heavy is a significant threat, so it is highly recommended that players place priority on taking it down before other, lesser enemies.
- If facing the Super Heavy in multiplayer it's recommended that at least one player keeps the boss occupied by making it attack as much as possible stalling him while the others kill other threats.
- Explosive damage and charged Shotgun shots can punch through its armor.
- When the Super Heavy acquires a player target and begins to charge its attack, it will be unable to move. It will still be able to adjust its targeting, but only for a very short amount of time.
- While the Super Heavy charges its attack, the player should move to a spot where the weakpoints under its legs are easily hit to both avoid death and deal a good amount of damage. SiMo can deal significant damage to the boss using this strategy.
- The Super Heavy's attack has a somewhat large radius, care should be taken if the player chooses to close in to earn weakspot hits easily as the blast will down a player in a single hit if it connects.
- It is also recommended that the player does not stand close to any important towers or tower bases, as the splash damage from the Super Heavy's attack aimed at the player can inadvertently destroy them.
- The player can intentionally provoke the Super Heavy while it is close to powerful towers to allow them to damage the Super Heavy. However, as stated above, the player should not stand anywhere near those towers so that they do not get caught in the resulting explosion.
Additional Notes[edit | edit source]
- Should the Super heavy reach the core its first attack will most likely be its beam which will cause roughly 400 damage to the core. Once the Super heavy closes further he will engage the core with melee attacks which are far more frequent.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- 2-4: Outpost (Wave 9)
- 3-1: Train Station (Wave 6)
- 3-3: Roadworks (Wave 7)
- 4-1: The Depths (Wave 10)
- 4-3: Abandoned Lab (Wave 8)
- 4-4: The End (Third and sixth boss to appear)
- 7-1: Dam (Wave 10)
- 7-4: Last Chance (Wave 10).