Description[edit | edit source]
Spore Pods are flying lumes featured in The Last Stand DLC, and are found only on the Arc Islands. They usually spawn in large groups, however they sometimes spawn in smaller groups as well. Like other flying enemies, they will bypass towers to make a direct course toward the core.
A short time after they reach the core, they will explode in a manner similar to Snorkers, damaging the core and any nearby players. However, they do not attack players directly.
Despite their resemblance to Snorkers, their weakspot is actually located on the front of their body. Like most lumes, its indicated by a red "eye".
Gameplay Notes[edit | edit source]
Tower Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Long-range and/or AoE towers are most effective against them, due to their clustering behavior. Anti-Air and Rocket towers are ideal. However these should be reasonably spaced apart; close enough to prevent gaps that Spore Pods could slip-though, but far enough to avoid a concentrated fire that results in overkill.
- Due to the Spore Pods' large numbers, some supplemental towers may be needed. A few shorter-range towers, such as Friendship Lasers or Lightnings, placed nearer to the core could help finish-off any that were missed.
- Due to its range, steady rate of fire, and sizable AoE, Kairos is the most effective at slowing flying enemies, making it an ideal support tower for the Arc Islands.
Player Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Their weakspot is not difficult to hit, as it is fairly large, even bulging-out enough to make hitting it from the sides possible. And like other flying enemies, their path toward the core is fairly straight, so one can usually see the weakspot clearly so long as they stay close to it.
- SiMo is arguably the best character against Spore Pods, due to his passive accuracy and crit bonuses.
- Sniper Rifle, Ballista, and Plasma Rifle are all effective at taking them out before they near the core, due to their accuracy and high crit-damage. One needs to compensate for gravity and distance when using Ballista though, so it requires a bit more skill.
- Explosive weapons are also effective, due to Spore Pods' tendency to spawn close-together. Adding Long Range Specialization will increase their AoE significantly.
- Spore Pods present an ideal situation for Penetrator Rounds, since there is usually another flying enemy close behind, and they generally share the same path.