From Sanctum Wiki
|Primary Fire||Secondary Fire|
|Damage||140 * 11||400 * 8|
|Shots per Second||1.3||1.0|
|Damage per Second||2053||3200 per enemy|
| Sustained Fire Time
Primary Fire[edit | edit source]
- Fires a small, gravity-affected explosive at high velocity that sticks to enemies and deals damage over time. Several can be attached to the same enemy, however, they will not detonate if they hit non-enemy objects.
Secondary Fire[edit | edit source]
- Launches a heavier, slower cluster-bomb that will detonate shortly after impact, dealing high damage over time in a large AoE. But unlike the primary, it will not stick to enemies, and attempts to do so can cause it to bounce-off.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlocked at Rank 36; thus being the last weapon to be unlocked in Sanctum 2.
- Available only for those with the The Last Stand DLC.
Gameplay Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the primary is described as "small explosions", it has no discernible AoE, and seems to be unaffected by the AoE bonus of Long Range Specialization.
- The explosion of both attacks are somewhat delayed, so the player should consider it especially with the secondary fire.
- It can be used for amazing crowd control dealing with relatively ease enemies up to Walkers and Jumpers.
- Carefully placed bombs with the secondary fire can hit Hoverers soft back (but not earning weakspot hits) for moderate damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Smatterband is a Swedish term for a kind of firecracker, which seems to be what this weapon is inspired by.
- Despite it being called an "industrial weapon" on the Steam Store, there is no practical industrial application for launching sticky firecracker bombs.
- If the primary fails to hit an enemy, it will quickly fizzle-out and occasionally make a raspberry-noise.
- When the Smatter Band was originally released, Long Range Specialization inadvertently caused its secondary's AoE to completely encompass most maps, resulting in the single largest AoE ever witness. However, this spectacle was short lived, as it was resolved a few days later. (See Game Updates)