Description[edit | edit source]
The Runner always spawns in groups. It ignores players, opting instead to rush directly to the core.
Gameplay Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Runner is very similar to the Brood Mother, so identical strategies may be employed to take down both enemy types.
Tower Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Runners have very low health, so any tower that can hit in an area, such as the Rocket, ACP, and, to a lesser extent, Lightning towers, perform admirably. This allows multiple Runners to be taken out at the same time.
- The Scatter Laser tower also works well against large groups of Runners because of the random firing pattern.
Player Strategies[edit | edit source]
- The Runner's weakspot is the red region on its front.
- Runners move very quickly, but any weapon that causes damage in an area, such as the Assault Rifle's secondary fire, the REX, the Ballista's secondary fire, and the Battle Rifle, can take them out very quickly.
- Since Runners have quite low health, the player can usually concentrate on other, more threatening targets and just let the towers take care of the Runners.
- The Unstable Core perk renders runners extremely ineffective at damaging the core. Depending on how many players are in the game, standard rank 1 runners will only be able to hit the core 1-3 times each before being killed. The perk can be stacked up to 8000 damage per hit, instantly killing any Runner that attempts to attack the core.