Description[edit | edit source]
The Makeshift Cannon is a conscript-manned tower that fires rockets at enemies, exploding upon impact. The tower itself has a chance to deactivate, whereas the rockets have a chance to critically damage and stun an enemy.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Only available to those with the Ruins of Brightholme DLC
- Unlocked at rank 21.
Gameplay Notes[edit | edit source]
- Its rockets can miss if the target moves too quickly, changes direction suddenly (e.g. turning, jumping), or dies. This is due to a delay between firing and impact. Because of this, the Range Spire would not only increase its range but also decrease its accuracy.
- Both the tower's deactivation and the rocket's critical-stuns are based on chance. This makes a single Makeshift Cannon's performance unpredictable. However, multiple Makeshift Cannons in close proximity have a steadier damage output due to the law of large numbers . This doesn't necessarily mean they are more effective than normally, aside from their combined damage, it simply means that they become more predictable and more reliable in general.
- The Stun and Crit chances are both 7.5%, with the stun lasting 1 second and the critical damage bonus being 100%. (i.e 2x)
- The tower's deactivation chance is 10% and lasts 2 seconds.
- The explosion size of the rockets increase as the tower is upgraded; 0.17 grid squares at level 1, 0.5 squares at level 2, and 1 whole square at level 3.
- The possibility of stunning targets makes Makeshift Cannon not only a damage tower, but also a control tower. This means it can synergize with other damage towers within range, providing additional time to damage enemies for as long as they remain stunned. So placing them together along with other damage towers is ideal, rather than placing them alone.