Description[edit | edit source]
As part of the Ruins of Brightholme DLC, Jumpers will leap over tower bases, and sometimes towers themselves, on their way towards the core. Fortunately, they usually don't jump straight at the core when on higher terrain, such as on the Shortcut map.
Jumpers tend to spawn in large groups, or in medium-sized groups when accompanying other enemies. They're also indifferent to players.
Gameplay Notes[edit | edit source]
- A Jumper's weakspot is fairly small and located on their front, similar to a Runner's.
- Although running into a Jumper will not cause any damage it may bounce the player around and throw off their aim, or worse, into aggressive lumes or even off safe terrain.
- Player can strategically place towers to discourage them from jumping over bases. But shorter towers, like AR-Mine Dispensers, are too short to block their jump.
- Because they prefer to jump rather than walk, it can be difficult for players to hit them with much accuracy. Attacking with explosive weapons, REX or Battle Rifle for example, is one effective strategy at overcoming this.
- Another possible strategy is to employ slowing effects, such as by setting-up a Kairos tower or by placing Slow Fields, as these can even slow them mid-air, thus making them easier targets. (Slowing Rounds can also work, but it requires you to actually hit them in the first place.)
- Jumpers will only jump over walls that are one block thick. Walls in crucial places can be made two blocks wide to prevent Jumpers from leaping over.