Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Description[edit | edit source]
The Hoverer Queen is a heavily armored boss level lume. When it enters the stage, the map will indicate its location with a medium skull icon. It attacks with a wave similar to normal Hoverers however with an additional effect: if there are any towers in range, they will be powered down for a few seconds before rebooting. As with common Hoverers she has an impenetrable frontal armor, but smaller weakspot on her back.
Gameplay Notes[edit | edit source]
Tower Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Intentionally getting the Queen's attention in order to make her turn her back to your towers is a valid strategy. However care should be taken as her attack will momentarily disable any towers in the vicinity and possibly create a gap in the player's defenses allowing others enemies bypass them.
- Just like normal Hoverers, the Queen is susceptible to Mines.
- One of the most effective towers against the Queen is the Drone.
- Setting up a Focus to shoot into her back as she attacks the core can result in a lot of damage dealt to the boss.
Player Strategies[edit | edit source]
- The Queen's shockwave radius is larger than a normal Hoverer and throws the player just as far, if there are pits nearby caution should be taken when approaching the Queen.
- If no towers are close by, provoking the Hoverer Queen into attacking to stall it is recommended.
- The Drone Launcher is very effective against the Hoverer Queen as drones ignore armor.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- 3-2: Canopy (Wave 10)
- 3-4: Abandoned Lab (Wave 10)
- 4-1: The Depths (Wave 9)
- 4-4: The End (First and fourth/fifth boss, alongside a Walker Patriarch).
- 6-2: The Slums (Wave 10)
- 7-2: Field (Wave 10)
- In Field two Hoverer Queens will spawn in the final wave.