Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Description[edit | edit source]
One of the enemies in The Pursuit DLC, Heavy Pups are the younger versions of Armored Heavies, and like them, Heavy Pups are armored. But unlike their older counterparts, Heavy Pups are aggressive toward the player.
Heavy Pups spawn together in herds, and often accompany other enemies, usually adult Heavies.
Gameplay Notes[edit | edit source]
Tower Strategies[edit | edit source]
- As with other grouping enemies, ACPs and Rockets are work fairly well against them, especially when combined with slowing effects like Kairos or Slow Fields.
- Focus towers may kill them relatively quick, but care should be taken as Heavy Pups comes in large numbers and only the tower will not be able to handle them.
Player Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Heavy Pups are very aggressive towards the player, but are rather slow even with the Impeccable Accuracy Feat. By circling around them a skilled player can lump crowds of Heavy Pups to use hard hitting area weapons such as REX, Grenade Launcher, or even the Gatling Laser when combined with Tactical Juxtaposition.
- A Heavy Pup's weakspot is visible on both sides of their head. But due to a slight sway in their stride, it can be difficult to hit.
- The Armor Shredder perk is very useful against them, especially if used with a crowd control weapon such as the REX.