We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
Description[edit | edit source]
Like the Runner, the Brood Mother always spawns in groups. It ignores the player, preferring instead to rush directly to the core.
Gameplay Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Brood Mother is very similar to the Runner, so identical strategies may be employed to take down both enemy types.
Tower Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Brood Mothers have very low health, so any tower that can hit in an area, such as the Rocket, ACP, and, to a lesser extent, Lightning towers, perform admirably. This allows multiple Brood Mothers to be taken out at the same time.
- The Scatter Laser tower also works well against large groups of Brood Mothers because of the random firing pattern.
Player Strategies[edit | edit source]
- The Brood Mother's weakspot is the red region on its front.
- Brood Mothers move very quickly, but any weapon that causes damage in an area, such as the Assault Rifle's secondary fire, the REX, the Ballista's secondary fire, and the Battle Rifle, can take them out very quickly.
- Since Brood Mothers have quite low health, the player can usually concentrate on other, more threatening targets and just let the towers take care of the Brood Mothers.
- The Unstable Core perk renders Brood Mothers ineffective at damaging the core. Depending on how many players are in the game, standard rank 1 Brood Mothers will only be able to hit the core 2-6 times each before being killed. The perk can be stacked up to 4000 damage per hit, killing any Brood Mother that attempts to attack the core in two hits.