Every damage tower in Sanctum 2 has a targeting mode that can be modified by the player. This system is best used to prevent towers from wasting valuable shots on enemies that are not ideal targets. For example, setting the targeting system to Most Health on a Violator will ensure that it does not waste its few, powerful shots on a single Runner. There are four modes available to the player. To change the targeting mode, players must press their "use" button while highlighting the tower.
The targeting modes are:
- Default (only available for towers that require turning to aim): Prioritize the enemy within range of the tower that requires the least amount of turning for the tower to face it. This minimizes the time spent turning, thereby allowing the tower to spend the extra time firing more shots.
- Closest (default for towers that do not require turning to aim): Prioritize the enemy closest to the tower.
- Least Health: Prioritize the enemy with the lowest maximum health within range of the tower.
- Most Health: Prioritize the enemy with the highest maximum health within range of the tower.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Scatter Laser's targeting mode cannot be set. It will always fire on random targets.
- The ACP's targeting mode cannot be set. Its shots will damage all enemies within its range, so there is no way for it to prioritize targets.