|Blood Type:||Synthetic B3-Plasma|
|Primary Weapon:||Sniper Rifle|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- SiMo has a 60% spread reduction with all weapons.
- SiMo does 30% more damage to weakspots than other characters. This damage bonus increases by 1.1% of damage dealt every time he scores a weakspot hit and remains increased for 10 seconds.[source]
- This damage bonus stacks with itself up to a maximum of 250% bonus weakspot damage, and each stack refreshes the duration.
Background[edit | edit source]
Built to function as a mobile communication device connected to the military base, SiMo accompanies the Core Guardians and assists them. Robotic technology in Elysion One has been developed over several years and SiMo was one of the first models from its batch. It is considered to have developed into one of the most successful units since the SiMo model was introduced as a part of the military. A programmed ability to learn from experience over time means that the longer a robot is used in the field, the more it learns and adapts to situations in battle and social interaction. Because of all its years of service it is able to act naturally around humans despite not having any real emotions itself. It monitors their behaviour and calculates appropriate emotional responses to make sure its team keeps their spirits up or if it wants to it can make them feel really uncomfortable, just for laughs.
Its main function in the group is to guard the Core Guardians and use that sniper rifle which it can wield with excellent accuracy. It keeps track of missions, coordinates and calculates risks, protecting its team like a bodyguard. As if its default functions weren’t enough, Haigen has made some personal modifications to make sure SiMo really has all the abilities the team needs. To modify a SiMo-unit isn’t exactly legal but the longer the unit stays with the same team, the more loyalty it develops towards its mates. SiMo also acts as a moving sketchbook for Sweet who happens to enjoy drawing and putting stickers all over it. It’s fine with that if it keeps her happy. Androids might not be able to fully understand friendship, but its knowledge of the concept is enough. SiMo can be really likeable if it wants to.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In light of SiMo's role in the plot of Sanctum 2, the robot's name is a tribute to the real-world Simo Häyhä, a Finnish sniper who fought in the Winter War of 1939-1940. Häyhä acquired 505 confirmed kills with his modified scopeless Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle and 200 with the Suomi KP/-31 submachine gun. He still holds the record amount confirmed kills with a sniper rifle. He fought for 97 days before being severly wounded by a Soviet soldier's bullet to his left jaw.
- One of SiMo's in-game dialogue possibilities is "Shut up and take my grenade." This is possibly a reference to the popular meme "Shut up and take my money" featuring Fry from the show Futurama.