==15 December 2014==
Changes and Fixes
- SiMO can now spawn on The Smasher
- Limiter Removal now works for mines of all sorts. Will not bug out when broken by enemy.
- More knockback on all weapons, get dat game feel?
- Reach level 50 achievement added.
- You can now see healthbars in spectator when dead.
- Khronos Device now give immunity against Spitfly projectile slow.
- Fixed perk descriptions to credit the inventors.
12 December 2014
Changes and Fixes
- Changed the rank cap to 50 for players who own the last DLC, The Last Stand.
- That means you can unlock some new perks on your way to rank 50.
- Some of the perks are made from community suggestions!
- Fixed the ACP attack speed bug.
- Infected Explorers crawl time increased a little bit.
- You can now view players you recently played with in the steam overlay.
- Windows players can now always join mac and linux games.
- A plethora of Linux/Mac bugfixes and tweaks.
- A bunch of general bugfixes and tweaks.
- The Doctor Is In
- Killing an enemy heals you for 10 HP. It also heals any allies within 1 grid square for 5 HP each.
- Dicey Shootin'
- Each shot fired has a 50% chance to misfire, dealing no damage. Successful shots deal 250% damage.
- Khronos Device
- Head Start
- The first shot in a mag deals massive damage. Community perk by 94Connor949.
- Radioactive Core
- The core deals 250 damage per second to enemies near the core. The area of effect increases the more damaged the core is. Community perk by 94Connor949.
- Hold your Fire
- You gain 20% more damage each second you don't deal damage. Max 100% extra damage. Community perk by 94Connor949.
- Concussion Rounds
- Critical hits over 1500 damage stuns the enemy for 2 seconds. 10 seconds cooldown. Community perk by Azrik.
- Limiter Removal
- Press USE to boost a tower's damage by 50% for 10 seconds. Afterwards the tower is disabled for the remainder of the wave. Community perk by Chrish36
- Blaze of Glory
- When your health is reduced to 1 HP you instantly recover 75% HP and deal 5000 damage to close enemies. 45 sec cooldown. Community perk by Team Badass.
- Moving increases damage by 5% per second. Max 50% damage increase. Community perk by Team Badass.
14 August 2014
- Game is available on Mac and Linux!
- You can no longer equip double weapons/tower/perks.
- Fixed issues with the Rolfinator.
- Simo units can now be controlled by server.
- Can't start first level with Survival.
- Gatling Laser
- Secondary shot cost 14 -> 28
- Drone Launcher
- Drone damage up, 50 -> 85
- Drone attack speed down, 10 shots/second -> 5 shots/second
- Drone attacks down, 45 -> 20
- Drone move speed down by 30%
- Drones get affected individually by Tactical Juxtaposition. They are classified as fast
- Grenade Launcher
- Fire speed up 2.5 shots/second -> 3.3 shots/second
- Mag size increased 10 -> 12
- ACP is now faster but weaker
- Less camera shake on ACP.
- Reduced Focus maximum damage by 20%
- Mind Control Spire
- Starting Duration down 3s -> 2s
- Duration growth slightly lowered
- Starting Price increased 180 -> 220
- Cooldown starts after the control duration has expired
- An enemy can only be controlled once by Mind Control Spires.
18 December 2013
- Obtaining 100% Completion is now possible
- Clearing Arc Island with 5 Feats of Strength Achievement working and re-added (Will be earned retroactively by playing a level)
- Playing The Last Stand in Campaign (Special Survival) will submit scores to the leaderboards
- You can now pick up Mines in water
- Fixed bugs causing clients to loose weapon after using the Rolfinator
- Updated Localizations
- Orbital Strike Relay does no longer target flying enemies
- Tower shoot effects should now always be visible
12 December 2013
- Experience curve reworked
- You now earn awards after each action phase, granting you extra experience
- You can now view your chosen perks in the pause menu
- Added new achievements
- All characters have a new rank up dialogue
- SiMo has a new dialogue when killing a Lume with a weakspot hit
- Skye's damage ability changed
- caps at 100% extra damage
- Stack duration up 4 -> 5
- SiMo’s accuracy ability improved, 50% -> 60% increased accuracy.
- Nailgun weakspot multiplier buffed 2.1 -> 2.8
- Aim locations on most enemies have been tweaked
- Slow Field Dispenser nerfed
- Rank 1 range lowered, 0.58 -> 0.5 grid squares
- Range growth per resource lowered by 50%
- Slow effect growth per resource lowered
- Rank 2: 29% -> 27%
- Rank 3: 43% -> 40%
- Resource income increased a bit on most vanilla maps
- Enemy waves tweaked to accommodate resource change
- You can now decide how many weapons you want to equip in sandbox mode
- Weapon textures are no longer streamed
25 October 2013
- SiMo now makes sounds when his friends die close to him
- SiMo now makes sounds when you “unready”
- Violator damage increased
- Violator should now only shoot enemies it can hit
- General improvements to enemy targeting AI
- Leaderboards in pause menu should work properly now
- Lots and lots of bug fixes
10 September 2013
- Localization fixes.
- Enemies should now spawn correctly on Jellyfish Cove.
- Nailgun should no longer cause the game to crash.
- Focus tower should have the correct material.
- The client will no longer see all built towers as lvl 1 when joining a game.
- Missing pre-placed towers on the map have returned.
- SiMo should no longer fall through the ground on The End.
- Infected Explorers should handle stuns better.
06 September 2013
- Now displays a summary of upgrade results.
- Sandbox mode slider got more segments
- Equipment and characters are streamed in dynamically. Should make the game a little smoother for low end PCs
- The longer you send resources and tower bases to another player the faster it gets.
- The longer you overcharge a tower the faster resources are consumed
- Waypoints have been added on the Introduction map
- Localization fixes
- Walker Patriarch collision tweaked so he should get stuck less often now.
- If you pause before the equipment screen appears it should now appear after you’ve closed the pause menu.
- The Rhino should now knock back the player even if the player is standing still.
- Enemies should have an easier time attacking the core on The Labyrinth.
- G-2 Companion will no longer take over the world if you disconnect and reconnect.
- Tower list in build phase should appear in the order the towers are selected.
- ETK-Tesla Prototype secondary should no longer bounce to G2
- Flying enemies shouldn’t be so wonky
- Corpse Explosion doesn’t deal damage to friendlies for real this time
- Unstable Core no longer triggers Sweets passive ability
- Kairos balls no longer get stuck forever for the client
30 July 2013
- Added new game-mode: Sandbox mode! Set your own rules on enemy HP, resource gain and disable or enable the tower cap!
- Targeting mode perk removed... Now you can ALWAYS set targeting mode. We also improved the presentation of the perk, it looks a little bit better in the GUI now, and we’re going to improve it in coming patches as well.
- Added pause button in the Pause menu
- Sweet passive now lower health regeneration rate on enemies with 50% to make her more viable on long survival runs/5 FoS runs with regenerating enemies
- Updated client hit feedback, you should now see the damage text of all your pellets for the shotgun
- Focus tower now always tries to hold the same enemy for as long as possible, also prefers enemies with highest MaxHP
- ACP tweaked, it now deals less damage but hits much faster to make it better at killing crowds of small enemies, such as runners, snorkers, walker pups, etc.
- Showing players resources in the party-list ingame
- New localization added: Japanese
- Now the game starts with the language you have steam set to the first time you start it
- Set lifetime on all projectiles so that they die if not hitting anything after a while
- Slow field mine mesh on tower is now properly visible on the tower
- Ballista projectiles doesn't slip through tower bases anymore
- Hit effect Secondary fire on sniper should now be more visible
- Mines don't randomly explode on client anymore. Lol sorry about that
- Correct detection for gamepad when shutting down pause-menu (before the glyphs was showing keyboard glyps untill a button was pressed)
- You get correct highlight when aiming on level 3 focus-tower now
10 July 2013
- Fixed the terrible bug where the Phoenix perk wouldn’t work when the Hardcore Feat of Strength was enabled
- Fixed a crash bug in the server browser
- Fixed a bug where the ballista would shoot through certain objects
- Repairtime for broken towers and towerbases halved
- Fixed a bug where TSYGANs passive would sometimes result in the last shot dealing less damage than normal shots
- The Shocking Revelation perk now triggers when the core is hit with ranged attacks such as Screamer puke and Spitflies’ projectile vomit
09 July 2013
- Added Server Browser!
- You can now see at what ranks you get unlocks!
- You can now see your progression on the world map!
- Big numbers are shortened. 35000 turns into 35K etc.
- You can now view tower stats such as kills and damage done!
- DLC maps have secrets.
- Tsygan passive fixed again.
- Ballista ammo changed to 6, damage has been rescaled to accommodate this
- Placed slow fields and mines should now properly upgrade when you upgrade the tower.
- The mutator ate a mushroom
- REX knockback reduced by 20%
- Some waves on the DLC levels have been changed
- Assorted bugfixes.
- Assorted Localization fixes.
02 July 2013
- Fixed a bug where some players wouldn't get the Cannon Tower in the tutorial
- Fixed a bug where the Range Spire buff persisted after selling
- Explorers are now visible on the minimap on Laser Bridge
- Overcharge does not target your favorite cutie pie G2 any more
- Fixed a bug where Range Spire didn't increase range properly
- Amp Spire upgrades should not look wonky anymore
- ACP now gains extra attack speed when upgraded
- Fixed a bug that resulted in TSYGAN getting a ridiculous damage bonus with the SMG secondary. Because everyone and their mother exploited this, leaderboards have been reset.
26 June 2013
- DLC! – Road to Elysion, the first DLC for Sanctum 2 is out! Buy it now! :D
- New Achievements! - 17 New achievements!
- Minimap update – Your tower hologram and the range of your towers is now visible in the minimap when hovering over them with your mouse.
- Matchmaking! - Now tries to fill games completely rather than populate every game.
- Spectator camera! - When you die you have the option to enter a free spectator camera, rather than hover the camera around the core.
- Ability to Ping! - Hold down alt and click to ping where you aim.
- Haigen HP down by 10%
- Sniper secondary AoE buffed
- Voltaic Hand Cannon primary buffed
- Fixed some perk descriptions
- Amp Spire bug fixed
- Phoenix now has a 10 second respawn time with hardcore FoS on
- Kairos and Amp Spire nerfed
- Leaderboards added when you press escape in-game
- Performance improvements have been optimized when gibbing an enemy
- Even more performance fixes
- Misc matchmaking tweaks
- Fixed an issue with private games sometimes not being so private
- Drone Tower now adds to tower damage stats
- Survival scaling is more intense, no more 200 wave records. Because of this rebalancing, leaderboards have been reset.
- The End resource gain down 25%
- Labyrinth total tower bases are now 15
- World map zones are now numbered
24 May 2013
- Resources no longer drop by the core, players recieve resources directly now.
- Towers are more powerful now; upgrade bonuses at new level thresholds are significantly higher.
- Players can now share their resources with other players by injecting their resources into other players, similar to when you upgrade towers. Do this by aiming at another player and hold LMB (tower resources) or RMB (tower bases).
- Resources required to upgrade a tower is now displayed in the upgrade bar.
- Swarm enemies (Runners, Pups, Snorkers) will come in much larger groups now instead of one at a time to differentiate them more from other enemies and make AoE better against them. Let the gibs and intestines fly!
- If a player leaves their resources are split among the other players to stay coherent with the new resource system.
- Stacking Amp Tower exploit fixed - only the strongest Amp Tower now affects nearby towers. It was getting a bit ridiculous. In light of this fix, leaderboards have been reset. On the bright side however, Amp Tower damage bonus has been increased & upgrade cost lowered.
- Fixed enemy scaling when players join/leave games. HP is scaled depending on what wave a player joins/leaves in. Should be more fair now.
- Fixed an oversight where the wrong icons were displayed in the PC version.
- Inactivity camera no longer activates when you have the map enlarged.
- Button for the Sanctum 2 Wiki added in the pause menu (go contribute!)
- Overcharging towers increases in speed the longer you do it.
- Fixed an issue where the game couldn’t detect a save file.
- Feat of Strength - Hardcore now applies the recycle penalty in survival.
- Broken towers are displayed as broken on the minimap.
- Overcharge damage 500 -> 600
- Plumber Shoes damage 5000 -> 4000
- Phoenix damage boost 50% -> 25%
- Unstable core damage 750 -> 1000
- There's currently a display bug that shows the damage as 100. This does not affect the actual damage.
- Against all odds max bonus 40% -> 50%
- There's currently a display bug that shows the bonus per enemy as 1%. It is actually 10%.
- Adrenaline rush speed boost 1% -> 2%, duration 5.5 sec -> 6 sec
- Core-Tower Synergy can no longer decrease the damage of towers when used in combination with the resilient core perk
17 May 2013
- Tower Cap has been changed to 15
- Tower Resources now drop for all players in a co-op game! (other parts of the game have been re-balanced to accommodate this)
- More tower-bases now drop in earlier waves
- Removed welcome messages for other players
- Updated a GameInAGame
- Playing GameInAGame will prevent the player rotation camera
- Towers don't make connections other towers over ledges
- Font won't go haywire if you rebind your keys anymore (However, you will need to reset your keybindings to default to flush them. After you've reset them, you can re-bind to whatever bindings you want afterwards)
- Gatlings shoots slower but do more damage
- A lot of Easter eggs fixed for the client, gotta catch ‘em all!
- Fixed door on Bio Lab
The Last Stand
Return to the Arc Islands for The Last Stand! Lume activity has increased exponentially and you and your fellow Core Guardians find yourselves more outnumbered than ever. Even out the odds by Utilizing the new Orbital Strike Relay tower and smash down a lazer from the sky into their FACE! Defend the Core on four new maps, one of them being a remake of the classic old Arc map. To help you face the new enemies in The Last Stand, the Bright Foundation has placed the most powerful weapon you've seen so far on three of the four new maps - The Rolfinator Defensive Turret, a turret that you can actually jump inside yourself and control to obliterate the enemies from afar. Of course, you'll have other new weapons as well, such as the high-tech Smatterband, an industrial weapon that fires sticky bombs that erupt into 10 smaller explosions each, and you'll get to unlock 8 new perks!
- 4 New Maps - Below Arc, Arc, Radar, The Last Stand
- 2 New Weapons - Plasma Rifle, Smatter Band
- 2 New Towers - Anti-Air, Orbital Strike Relay
- 2 New Enemies - Spore Pod, Spore Keeper
- 8 New Perks - Roboticist, Overkill, Hydra Blood, Steady Aim, Spray 'N Pray, Biological Warfare, Upper Class, Warming Up
Pursue the Titan through the outskirts of Elysion One! This expansion adds even more replayability through four completely new maps! Use two new towers, including the Mind-Control Spire that takes control of enemies and lets them fight for you! Unlock new devastating weapons, such as the Drone Launcher, that launches target-seeking drones that home in on enemies and shoot lazors at them. They'll be all like "NOO NOT THE BEEES!" Of course, there are going to be new enemies as well, such as the Heavy Pup that's far more aggressive than it's older equivalent, and the flying Bliskeblaske, which you'll just have to see for yourself. Finally, you'll be getting seven new unlockable perks as well - for example, the Reinforcements perk has a chance to spawn Explorers with shields every time you kill an enemy!
- 4 New Maps - Dam, Field, Bog, Last Chance
- 2 New Weapons - Drone Launcher, Grenade Launcher
- 2 New Towers - Friendship Laser, Mind Control Spire
- 2 New Enemies - Heavy Pup, Bliskeblaske
- 7 New Perks - Zeus Module, Frightening Visage, Headache, Reinforcements, Best Friends Forever, Tech Junkie, Armor Shredder
Ruins of Brightholme
Explore the dark depths of the Slums of Brightholme! This expansion adds four new maps that will once again brutally challenge your maze building abilities! Play with the new unlockable towers such as the crazy random Makeshift Cannon, or saw your foes up into pieces with the very first melee weapon in Sanctum 2 – the Circle Saw! Of course you’ll see new enemies as well, such as the Infected Explorer, a hybrid between a human and a Walker. And finally, there will be seven new unlockable perks, including the Thor Module, that causes towers to emit shockwaves whenever they kill an enemy.
- 4 New Maps - Shortcut, The Slums, Power Relay, SOKOL
- 2 New Weapons - Circle Saw, Nailgun
- 2 New Towers - Makeshift Cannon, Rupture Mine Dispenser
- 2 New Enemies - Jumper, Infected Explorer
- 7 New Perks - Explosive Exchange, Thor Module, Long Range Superiority, Parthian Tactics, Desperate Measures, Bloodletter, Collateral Damage
Road to Elysion
Play as the mysterious new character TSYGAN, a rogue insurgent that joins the Core Guardians in defending the only enclave of humanity left on the planet LOEK III. Road to Elysion features a new area to explore with four new maps, new unlockable towers, weapons and perks!
- 1 New Character - TSYGAN
- 4 New Maps – Cluster, The Smasher, Jellyfish Cove, Laser Bridge
- 2 New Weapons - Ballista, Gatling Laser
- 2 New Towers - Slow Field Dispenser, Range Spire
- 3 New Enemies - Healer, Mutator, Fiskeplaske
- 6 New Perks – G-2 Companion, Trickster, Tinkerer, Electrical Outburst, Fast Hands, Spiked Armor