From Sanctum Wiki
- One of the two 'support lumes' added in the Road to Elysion DLC.
- Does not attack players or the core, but instead fires a 'mutating ball' which increases the rank of the lume it hits (adds a '+'), increasing their maximum health drastically, doubling the lume's health on the first mutation.
- If left unattended, mutators have the time to fire several mutating balls, creating high-rank lumes which prove extremely difficult to kill.
- Mutators will not run towards the core, instead they will follow nearby non-mutator lumes. This results in an erratic, unpredictable movement pattern.
- If all lumes in a wave except Healers and Mutators are killed, any surviving mutators will self-destruct.
- Weapons with crowd control capacities such as REX, Gatling Laser secondary fire and the Ballista secondary fire works well damaging Mutators without the need to close distance putting the player at harm's way against aggressive lumes.